Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, my dad passed away 4 years ago and left me his 1986 190e 2.3 cosworth which he imported from San Francisco USA. it last ran in 2004, tried starting the engine and it only cranks, all accessories windows, side mirrors, antenna, sunroof etal. are all fine, fuel nozzles (4 tubes from the fuel distributor) are quite rusted, there's fuel from the tank up to the fuel distributor, (fuel coming out on the fuel hose) after cranking the engine i checked the fuel hose to the fuel distributor and there's fuel with a little bit of pressure thinking that the pump is working, but observed that from the fuel distributor to the nozzles there is no fuel coming out, thinking of replacing the fuel distributor but not sure if that is the problem, not sure on what fuse/s to check, haven't check the spark plug cables too if there is current, don't really know where to start, hope anyone can give me a step by step trouble shooting on this, really like to restore the car coz my dad loves it so much. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
The first thing I would do is make sure that the fuel distributor plunger is not stuck. With the air cleaner housing off, slightly push down on the plunger plate and see if it moves freely.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
You defiantly want to get the old fuel out, replace the fuel filters, and get new fuel in before you try starting. Also, changing the oil and filter before you start it is also a good idea.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
replace the OVP relay before you replace the fuel distributor. But before that, check the fuse on top of the relay. The thing is a silver rectangular box about 1"x1"x2" behind the plastic covering behind the battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, will check on the OVP relay, thanks for the advise specially on where to find it, thanks ANGViper, and yes have to do many readings on the Thread, thanks MTI. will give you guys an update asap, really daydreaming of driving in this 190e classic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts