Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 SL500 LE
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to get an extra remote key besides having to order one from the dealer. I was all set to cough up the $200 (after waiting in line for 20 minutes at my local Mercedes dealer), but then the guy at the parts department could not figure out how to process the order and wanted me to wait ANOTHER 20 minutes until his supervisor came back from "lunch." Well. s-o-r-r-y. I thought before doing that I would do a little research. EBay has keys that match mine for very little (comparatively). Can they be re-programmed and, if so, how? Also, how do you get the scrapes off the wheel rims where they have hit the curb? Can it be repaired or do I have to get new rims. The car is a '97 but the rims are '01's and real nice except that all of them have been scraped. Can they be buffed out or anything? Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 SL550 Silver Arrow Launch Edition, 2013 Mercedes Benz C300 4Matic
986 Posts
You should not buy one on e-Bay as each remote is programmed to each carand VIN and are not re-programable! Order from dealer.

You can contact a local wheel person to get rid of your "Curb Rash" on your existing wheels for about $150. per wheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts