Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone give me some advice on how to change the fuel filter in my 2000 c230. i just need location and how to change it. also, the same with the differential fluid, does it need to be changed as well, i have 55,000 miles. can someone tell me how to change it or should i just suck it out and then refill? what fluid is best? --thanks alot to all who writes--

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi there,

Firstly the fuel filter is located under the car right next to the rear diff actually. It has a plastic cover over it which is easily removed. Be careful when you remove the filter as it is pressurised and some fuel will come out (Just make sure the car is cold and you should be ok). There are two kinda of crimp clamp type things on either end of the filter connecting the fuel pipes to the filter either end. And finally make sure you put the filter on the right way as it is designed to go on only one way!

I dont know if your diff needs changing as i dont when last it was done, if not sure its a easy and quick job so you might as well! The diff has a filler and drain plug. Make sure you undo the filler plug first as you might not be able to get it open after you may have drained it and then your car will become no good to you as you wont be able to fill it up again.

Also do a search on here, theres tons of stuff!!

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts