Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CLK350
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started having a problem with the washer fluid not spraying a couple days ago, that started happening right after I filled the reservoir with Rain X. I am almost 100% sure it is clogged. Any ideas on how to fix this on my own? Or, if I take it to the shop, how much would it cost me, roughly?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
24,974 Posts
Will the washer operate with the hood open? i know the wipers won't. The pump motor is located on the bottom of the reservoir, behind the front bumper, driver's side. You can access it by removing the fender liner extension that sits between the wheel and the bumper. It's easiest to remove it with the car lifted and front wheel removed, but ti can be done on the ground with the wheel turned.

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,385 Posts
Okay, just tried this. No sound came out of the washer reservoir area. Is it a fuse problem?
Sorry - that was bad information from me about the test.

The pump has no 'external fuse'. It has 'electronic fuses' on the front SAM which controls the windscreen washer pump and the headlight washer pump (if fitted). Similarly the external lights have no fuse-box fuses.

We know that these washer pumps die occasionally. Just remove it from the reservoir and check it. They are not expensive.

·
Registered
2007 CLK350
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, just tried this. No sound came out of the washer reservoir area. Is it a fuse problem?
Sorry - that was bad information from me about the test.

The pump has no 'external fuse'. It has 'electronic fuses' on the front SAM which controls the windscreen washer pump and the headlight washer pump (if fitted). Similarly the external lights have no fuse-box fuses.

We know that these washer pumps die occasionally. Just remove it from the reservoir and check it. They are not expensive.
Okay thank you. Could you give me instructions on how to remove the washer pump and how to test it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.