Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the 1995 S500 coupe (two door), which is having a problem with the door locks.

My passenger side door lock gave out some time ago, and this past week the driver's side door lock gave out and I was locked out of the car.

I would like to fix the tumblers/locking of both car doors.

The tumblers on the doors turn but do nothing. They have lost any "friction" that acknowledges to me that they are capable of locking/unlocking the doors. The trunk's lock/tumbler will lock the car doors, but the trunk lock will not raise the door locks after they have been locked. The button on the dash that locks the doors will lock them, but not raise the locks.

After taking the door panels off and initial inspection, I do not see anything broken with the parts that I see.

Does anyone have a parts diagram for the lock system in a 2-door S500 coupe?

Any suggestions on how to attack this issue?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
You have to understand the system, all lock and unlock functions are handled by the PSE, there are microswitches in the door and trunk, turning the key one way energises the pump and sends pressure down the lines to the actuators to unlock the doors, fuel and trunk, turn the other way and another microswitch is activated to provide vacuum to lock all the items.
The remotes provide a similar function as would the switch on the dash, I would consider the pump to be a likely problem since there is only one line per device, and a leak would affect lock and unlock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts