Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in my 2006 CLK500 to a tyre fitter to get two new rear tyres and when I got it back the car, the COMMAND system was off. The dashboard display wants an "audio code", which I got from the MB Dealer. I try to enter (using the number pad on the COMMAND system) but it doesn't register any input. (I assumed that it would show something - maybe some error?) Anyway, the whole command center looks like it has no power. I wondered if it might be a fuse but I can't find the fuse listing (or any useful info) in the owners manual or in the Command Operators manual.
Anybody know what is going on?
Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
answer

I'm posting the answer to my own question just in case it helps others:
Even though the audio and Nav system were asking for codes in the dash display, the command system was black/inoperative - it wouldn't take an entered code since it was lifeless. The problem was indeed a fuse. I don't know how changing tyres causes fuses to go but I checked the fuse for the command system (fuse 64 - the fuse guide is a tiny booklet folded up with the fuses by the drivers dash fuse box) - the fuse looked good. I decided as a precaution to swap it with a different 15Amp fuse, and whatever I did seemed to work. The command center fired up (without asking for codes) as if nothing had ever been amiss.

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
It has always been my understanding that the radio in my COMAND system does not have an 'audio code'. It's not very easy to steal an entire COMAND system is it?

Who knows what your tyre fitters had been up to. I don't let the fekkers out of my sight when I'm getting tyres changed ...

Who can you trust? I do know that a colleague left his new car at one of those private car parks (farms) near Gatwick airport for a couple of weeks. He returned to find 150 miles extra on the clock, and the radio auto antenna busted..:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts