Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the skin change for BW looks nice, but how do you search the community if you only want to search a specific forum?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. On another note, am I the only one who has this large graphic with an exclamation point at the bottom that blocks what is written in the posts? Its there on IE and on Chrome

·
Registered
61,964 Posts
I'm on Chrome and don't see that but sometimes the site has gone wacko and the solution is to sign off, clear your browser's cache and start again.

·
Administrator
3,231 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. On another note, am I the only one who has this large graphic with an exclamation point at the bottom that blocks what is written in the posts? Its there on IE and on Chrome
Although there is an issue with older versions of Internet Explorer, I have not seen this issue on Chrome.

What operating system are you using?

- Cricket

·
Registered
515 Posts
Until search can be restricted to specific forums, I have to post questions which may have already been answered. Pleas bring back this important feature.

·
Administrator
3,231 Posts
Until search can be restricted to specific forums, I have to post questions which may have already been answered. Pleas bring back this important feature.
The developers are actively working on bringing back advanced search for us. :)

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I posted this in the W140 forum, but thought I'd add it here. A POWERFUL way to search for a particular item in any forum. Here goes:

"Since the powers that be changed the website software, our once powerful search no longer works. Here is how to do a search that works.

Say you want to search on adjusting the W140 soft close pump. Go to Google search and enter:
"W140 soft close pump adjust site:benzworld.org"

Hit search, and you will get good results.

Be sure NOT to have any spaces in the "site:benzworld.org" portion of the search term.

It's really fast, and you don't have to wait 30 seconds between searches."

BTW, this works on any website, not just this one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have found (because the forum software is by XenForo) that the menu for specific thread search can be brought up at this link :
A specific forum can be selected here, however it does not actually action the restriction and still returns from all forums. But looks hopeful for the future !

·
Registered
299 Posts
amazing that the search function is not available. haven;t been here in 2 weeks and may not ever return

·
Administrator
3,231 Posts
It is available now.

Your Community Support Team

How To Access Advanced Search

If you have already entered your search words in the search bar but want to narrow down your results or choose to search only certain forum selections, click on “Advanced Search”.

This will allow you to choose to search titles only, add the member username who posted it or even select a specific forum to search from the scroll menu within search in forums.

If you prefer to go directly to advanced search, you can access it under the 3 vertical dots at the top right-hand corner of the community.

- Cricket

·
Registered
299 Posts
It is available now.

Your Community Support Team

How To Access Advanced Search

If you have already entered your search words in the search bar but want to narrow down your results or choose to search only certain forum selections, click on “Advanced Search”.

This will allow you to choose to search titles only, add the member username who posted it or even select a specific forum to search from the scroll menu within search in forums.

If you prefer to go directly to advanced search, you can access it under the 3 vertical dots at the top right-hand corner of the community.

- Cricket
thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts