Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I know that with some models there is a way to display error codes (HHT I think) for the aircon/heater control by pressing a number of buttons on the heater control and using the reset button at the same time.
Can anyone tell me if you can do this witha 2002 SLK230 and what the sequence of buttons are?
Thanks

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
If there is a way to do that, no one here has done it as I recall. About the only thing you can do is see what the oil level is from inside... ;)

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
I haven't got the book handy, but the procedure is in there.
You have to let the car sit for a while before the procedure is considered accurate.

·
Registered
MB SLK 230 AMG (1997)
356 Posts
Just turn the ignition to position 2, press the trip recorder reset button twice within 4 seconds, holding it in for at least 5 seconds on the second press. Then release the button and wait for about 10 seconds. The upper window in the display will now display an oil can, and if the oil level is low, the quantity needed, e.g. -1 Quart. If the oil level is O.K., nothing will be displayed

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
653 Posts
Just turn the ignition to position 2, press the trip recorder reset button twice within 4 seconds, holding it in for at least 5 seconds on the second press. Then release the button and wait for about 10 seconds. The upper window in the display will now display an oil can, and if the oil level is low, the quantity needed, e.g. -1 Quart. If the oil level is O.K., nothing will be displayed
If I didn't know better, with all that button-pressing, waiting and holding, it sounds like these cars are running UNIX.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts