Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the obvious answers (carfax, carproof, etc...). What I am interested in is the work done at the dealership while the vehicle is under warranty. The thing is I am planning to buy an '03 s-class but from another province in Canada and I wanted to know the service repair history of the vehicle before pulling the trigger. I called MBCanada and the lady said she isn't allowed to divulge that information over the phone. WTF? How is someone supposed to make an informed decision? What should I ask the rep on the phone so she is more cooperative? Or is there a website I can check this info, like after typing in the VIN or something??

·
Registered
2006 S500 4Matic
177 Posts
You want to ask for the VMI (Vehicle Master Inquiry). It is a internal document that shows all of a car's ID numbers (VIN, FIN, Engine No. Transmission No.), its in-service date (the date the vehicle was first registered which is the warranty start date), production info, factory equipped options, dealer service history, open recall campaigns, etc. Any MB dealer can call it up on any MB with just the VIN. It's an "internal document" but I've never heard a dealer refuse to provide it. If it is refused, I'd stay away from the vehicle.

·
Registered
2003 ML500 & E320
158 Posts
ParkPlace Dallas has refused to provide this report to me. I'm looking at a used ML and they would not even review the history over the phone. Sad...

Will
Dallas

·
Registered
2006 S500 4Matic
177 Posts
Sounds like you know enough to stay away from that one. I traded in an ML, what are the last 4 digits of the VIN?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts