Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

How to adjust the alignment of Bi Xenon headlamp?

7K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  TXTiger 
#1 ·
I just installed Bi Xenon headlamp on my C32 AMG.
I noticed that the left side seems to be brighter than right.

#2 ·
what model year is your C32?....

I think by changing your light from halogen to Bi-Xenon, you have to take your car to the dealer to have the computer set to Bi-xenon, and at the same time, they can adjust the alignment too[;)]

#3 ·
2002 C32 AMG

My stock C32 AMG came with Xenon headlamp, and the seller told me I didnt need to have the computer set to Bi-Xenon if my car came with Xenon.

#4 ·
OIC

I have a Bi-Xenon on my C320WZ, but I have not take a look where is the ajustment[:(][:(]but I will check it right now[:D][:D]

#5 ·
Hard to adjust the headlamps.

I tried to adjust the headlamps but it is really hard to set up. Anyone can help me?

#6 ·
so you've found the adjustment screw huh!

OK here is some idea, go to a parking lot with vertical wall back your car up away from the wall for about 25 feet then start ajusting, the cut off must be around 24 inches from the ground, or if you have a manual follow what it says....Or you can use your garage door, that what I've used. Good luck! can you take some picture how its look[;)]

#7 ·
Jim
Do you have a manual to send me via e-mail?
My headlamps did not come with a manual....

Jim
Do you have a manual to send me via e-mail?
My headlamps did not come with a manual.
Simon

#8 ·
I will , when I get home after work;-)

I'm assuming they have one like my ML. In fact actually they are all the same, just up and down adjustment. Have you seen the plactic screw in the middle of the light housing? Is it the adjustment screw?

If you want a manual, you can order one from your dealer, I will give you the address if you want, and again tonight[:D][:D]

#9 ·
One of the units seems to have a much looser assembly than the other. There is some mov...

One of the units seems to have a much looser assembly than the other. There is some movement on the headlight assembly while the other one is very tight. Please advise if this is normal or otherwise what can I do to tighten the assembly on the loose one.

#10 ·
I just spoke to the mechanic, he told me the inner units on one of the bi-xenon lights a...

I just spoke to the mechanic, he told me the inner units on one of the bi-xenon lights are definitely loose. He is referring to the assembly that holds the bulb. What should I do? That's why it is hard to set the alignment.

#11 ·
Re: I just spoke to the mechanic, he told me the inner units on one of the bi-xenon lights a

I just spoke to the mechanic, he told me the inner units on one of the bi-xenon lights are definitely loose. He is referring to the assembly that holds the bulb. What should I do? That's why it is hard to set the alignment.
It does happened one of the guy at ML board had the same problem, he bought a BI-Xenon like I have and his has that problem one unit have the loose adjustment mechanism inside, what he did is he took it to the dealer and have them fixed, luckily the dealer did not charges him

[:)][;)][:)][;)]

#12 ·
I can't take it to dealer as I bought it from Steve via the net

I can't take it to dealer as I bought it from Steve via the net. I am really trouble by this fact.

The lights are now installed and aligned. One side is experiencing some strange phenomena. The luminary surface from the left side tend to vibrate while the car is stopped. I can tell from the shadow (reflection) from the car stopped ahead. The right side is fine and stable.

I was also told by the technician that one of the lights did arrived defective. There is a small clip that holds the inner housing assembly the holds the main bulb is broken. He has to glue the clip back in order to get the lighting housing to become firm. It was very loose before. Do you think this is a manufacturer's quality control problem or the lights are damaged in transit?

[:(]

#13 ·
Simon, you got mail;-)

#14 ·
The long plastic screw that holds the light assembly for adjustment on the defective uni...

The long plastic screw that holds the light assembly for adjustment on the defective unit is much shorter than the correct side. This is restricting the mechanic to do proper alignment on the headlights.

Anyone can help me?

#15 ·
Simon, it's a long shots...

maybe find some similar screw but longer[:(][:(]

#16 ·
Re: The long plastic screw that holds the light assembly for adjustment on the defective uni

The long plastic screw that holds the light assembly for adjustment on the defective unit is much shorter than the correct side.
No...those plastic screws inside the headlights are all the same length and the vibrating "problem" you have is caused by the fact that the "defective" headlight has the height adjustment "adjusted" too high (as mentioned in my first mail) causing the adjustment rod to pop out of the electro levelling motor.
On cars with xenons from factory the MB dealership can set the default height adjsutment of the levelling mototrs with stardiagnose...that is what you have to get done.

greetingz,

#17 ·
Steve,

If I have pictures of my plastic screws inside the headlights are NOT all the sa...

Steve,

If I have pictures of my plastic screws inside the headlights are NOT all the same lenght, what will you do?

Simon

#18 ·
Re: Steve,If I have pictures of my plastic screws inside the headlights are NOT all the sa

If I have pictures of my plastic screws inside the headlights are NOT all the same lenght, what will you do?
You better mail me pictures of that other thing that was broken according to your tech...asked about that picture through email before as well.

greetingz,

#20 ·
Re: Re: The long plastic screw that holds the light assembly for adjustment on the defective u

The long plastic screw that holds the light assembly for adjustment on the defective unit is much shorter than the correct side.
No...those plastic screws inside the headlights are all the same length and the vibrating "problem" you have is caused by the fact that the "defective" headlight has the height adjustment "adjusted" too high (as mentioned in my first mail) causing the adjustment rod to pop out of the electro levelling motor.
On cars with xenons from factory the MB dealership can set the default height adjsutment of the levelling mototrs with stardiagnose...that is what you have to get done.

greetingz,

It is most likely that the adjustment rod is poped-out
because it has been adjusted too much..

Regardz,

#21 ·
I had a similar problem with my bi-xenons I purchased from Steve. When I took the car to ...

I had a similar problem with my bi-xenons I purchased from Steve. When I took the car to have the "xenon present" activated and the headlights adjusted. It turned out to be a ball joint that had worked loose. The tech just popped it back in and everything was stable and he was able to adjust the lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.