Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have added bluetooth to my 2003 CLK 430 and am happier than ever!

Steps:

Ordered a BlackBerry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway Mini USB from Amazon.com $35

Installed female cigarette lighter behind the radio, for power to the Bluetooth. Pulled the radio out and ran a cassette adapter through the top of the stereo to the back (so you can't see the wires)

Drilled a hole in the back of the tray below the stereo, double side taped the Bluetooth unit there with the wires hidden to the back.

Now with the radio on tape mode, as soon as I turn the car on it auto pairs with my Android phone. Great for playing Pandora, etc.

Very happy with it, ordered two more BB Bluetooth's for our other cars.

·
Registered
former clk owner
51 Posts
Interesting rig. What cassette adapter is working for you? I have tried a few but the balance of sound in left/right speakers is way off. Also, have you tried this BT adapter with any iphone models? Thanks,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the one that came with one of our XM units, seems to work pretty good. I don't have an iPhone but I would assume the sound quality would be similar.

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte, CL600, S500, BMW 330cic, E65 BMW 750LI. Dodge Ram
883 Posts
very innovative!

I have added bluetooth to my 2003 CLK 430 and am happier than ever!

Steps:

Ordered a BlackBerry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway Mini USB from Amazon.com $35

Installed female cigarette lighter behind the radio, for power to the Bluetooth. Pulled the radio out and ran a cassette adapter through the top of the stereo to the back (so you can't see the wires)

Drilled a hole in the back of the tray below the stereo, double side taped the Bluetooth unit there with the wires hidden to the back.

Now with the radio on tape mode, as soon as I turn the car on it auto pairs with my Android phone. Great for playing Pandora, etc.

Very happy with it, ordered two more BB Bluetooth's for our other cars.
cool mod bro. I did something similar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts