Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MB E350 -2007. When i bought the car it has the phone feature but was not activated. Can i bring it elsewhere for activation (besides the dealer)? Know anyplace in Connecticut that does it?? Thanks.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
Would you mind explaining what do you mean by "the phone feature"? I'm afraid you are making assumptions that do not hold.

Did you read the sticky at the top of this forum (from Skylaw)?

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you mind explaining what do you mean by "the phone feature"? I'm afraid you are making assumptions that do not hold.

Did you read the sticky at the top of this forum (from Skylaw)?

Welcome to the forum!
i did not buy the bluetooth option during the purchase of the vehicle but it is capable of having the feature. when you press the TEL option on the dash, it would show TEL NOT ACTIVATED on the screen. Thanks for responding first of all.

·
Registered
1985 300CD Turbo coupe, 2006 E320 CDI sedan
573 Posts
it is capable of having the feature.
Yes. For about $2200 at a Benz dealer. If you want an OE-type Mercedes installation that is. But if you have the Harmon-Kardon head unit, you can buy a Parrot Evo3000 and associated CP147 adapter harness - and do it yourself for about $350. You'll also need a 6' monaural audio extension cable to get the microphone all the way up to the driver position. Six bucks at RadioShack.

//greg//

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
i did not buy the bluetooth option during the purchase of the vehicle but it is capable of having the feature. when you press the TEL option on the dash, it would show TEL NOT ACTIVATED on the screen. Thanks for responding first of all.
As from the previous message, the car is capable of having a lot of features, unfortunately "activating" the feature means purchasing (often expensive) parts, not just some star diagnosis coding. Dealers should make it clear for car buyers if "BT option" means the BT adapter or the basic HF kit plus the adapter.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,116 Posts
If you've got the connector on the back wall of your console, all you need is to click in a cradle for your phone or a bluetooth "puck." When you do that, you're "activated."

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for all the response. Following your advises and opinions. Kent, i went to the dealer where i bought the car and was told i dont have the cradle on the center console, so the puck is not the way to go for me! Any other ideas??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
one option i was suggested was to use a Parrot technology - EVO system. However, it will not use the MB Command System. Its a separate speaker system and controllers, will have to be drilled on the dash?? Any other ideas that could use the COMMAND SYSTEM itself??

·
Registered
1985 300CD Turbo coupe, 2006 E320 CDI sedan
573 Posts
one option i was suggested was to use a Parrot technology - EVO system. However, it will not use the MB Command System. Its a separate speaker system and controllers, will have to be drilled on the dash?? Any other ideas that could use the COMMAND SYSTEM itself??
As I stated above, the Parrot EVO3000 coupled with the QuickConnections CP147 harness interfaces with the steering wheel buttons and car speakers. But it's only designed to plug into the Harmon Kardon equipped W211. About $350 if you do it yourself.

//greg//

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Or you can have a same as factory installed system for about 700.00 instead of 2200
Please do a google search for iTronic BT
I guess you were referring to the MB OEM approach in your first message? $700 sounds reasonable (to reduce the cost, the antenna cable loss compensator can be left out).

Makes it easier for the owner if he can select one or the other from the same shop instead of comparing two shops that both insist "their solution being the best".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchase a 2006 R series and I'm trying connect the telephone feature and trying to figure out all this craddke stuff that I'm reading. And good evening

1 - 13 of 13 Posts