Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the shiftronic transmission on my C320. I have a question....HOW DO YOU USE IT? when do you shift? when dont you shift? how do you get it to change from normal to first in shiftronic? Ive had this car since June and i still dont know how to use it. PLEASE HELP!!!!<p>ool-18be1459.dyn.optonline.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Say you're in Neutral, car rolls, nudge it to the right, you go 2nd gear, while in that gear, nudget it to the left and you go back 1st gear.<br> <br> So say you're in third gear and want to go back to first, you nudge it two times to the left.<br> Same concept when upshifting.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but at what RPM do you shift up? like from 1-2? i hear the engine making a loud sound when its at a low gear but high RMP! when do i shift?<p>ool-18be1459.dyn.optonline.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Read the owner's manual! It's all in there...

You can shift anytime you like, but if the RPMS are too low, it won't go down/up.<p>h24-76-41-118.vf.shawcable.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm with you Krazy. Have had mine since May and absolutely no clue. Instruction manual not helping me understand any better.<p>proxy3-external.union1.nj.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah im afraid ill ruin the transmission....someone who knows what they are doing and uses this option regularly please answer thsi question. thanks to those who helped!<p>ool-18be1459.dyn.optonline.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Leave it in automatic mode and observe your RPM while driving. You will notice at what RPMs the transmission changes gears. You will also notice that this depends very much on the load you put on the engine.<br> <br> As soon as you understand the normal behaviour of the car, start to use the manual feature by switching one down whenever you have the urge for a more punchy drive (you notice immediately when you really change the gear - as you might be in 3rd when you feel this urge, so the first 2 shifts will not do anything). <br> <br> As soon as you are not comfortable anymore with your manual choice try to go up or down one (depending on the situation you are in) or, if you feel insecure, put it back to D and the car will sort everything out for you.<br> <br> Don't rev it up into the red area and you will not damage anything.<br> <br> I use this feature mainly on mountains, when I want the engine to slow down the car or when the automatic would be constantly changing gears - and very seldom to overtake another car (a nice kickdown usually does the job in those situations).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it's the same as manual except no clutch. Right up and left down. The gear box will automatically down change if u forget. Don't worry you won't stuffed up the engine, it's a damn good engine. I have accidentally rev the engine at max for 3 seconds cause i forget to upshift

1 - 10 of 10 Posts