Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
E320 Wagon
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 E320 Wagon, and I'm considering a set of 19" wheels. (19 x 8.5 and 19X 9.5). I'd probably go with 245/30s in the front and 275/30s in the rear.

Is the ride going to be nasty and harsh? will I feel every dimple in the road? or is it only a subtle difference in ride quality?

thank you,

Andrew

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
I guess nobody has done it yet. However, I know a guy who put 18" wheel with 40 series ti...

I guess nobody has done it yet. However, I know a guy who put 18" wheel with 40 series tires on and he said surprisingly, the ride was pretty much the same as stock. But ....you know, after spending all that moncy, guess he wouldn't say anything bad about it.

·
Registered
96 E320
58 Posts
i have 18's on an e class
the ride is better on the highway , but nosier.
on the side ...

i have 18's on an e class
the ride is better on the highway , but nosier.
on the side streets it gets annoying because if you dont dodge the potholes you can end up with a flat.
i recomend upgrading though bc it simply makes your car look 100% better.
piuck a good tire and more importantly maintain proper air pressure( around 37psi for 18's) and dodge potholes and youl be fine.
im thinking of upgrading to 19's myself but i guess im not going to do it because it will be simply too anoying here in new york city, our streets our horrible and i guess the one size gain will make my wheels even more susceptible to damage...if you live in an area with nice roads, like atlanta i would get 19's....if the roads are as bad as up here i would go with 18's.

·
Registered
E320 Wagon
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I livein miami. Our roads are quite good. The northeast has some pretty rough roads. ...

I livein miami. Our roads are quite good. The northeast has some pretty rough roads. The winters are really tough on your streets!!!

the wheels I am thinking of getting are Axis Supermesh. The rears have a ridiculous 3/5" lip!!!!

that is a pic of the SUPERMESH on a 211 e-class

·
Registered
96 E320
58 Posts
go for 19's then....and those would look even greater in chrome....a 3.5 lip is nice
a ...

go for 19's then....and those would look even greater in chrome....a 3.5 lip is nice
a 3.5 chrome lip is sick.
post some pics when your done!!

·
Registered
e-320
33 Posts
I actually have 245/35/19 in the front and 275/30/19 in the rear the ride is not bad at ...

I actually have 245/35/19 in the front and 275/30/19 in the rear the ride is not bad at stock height. also you have to be carefull when going up driveways. you need to make sure you dont dent your rims also even if you lower it a LITTLE you will be okay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts