Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a W124 as soon as my VW goes away. I am having a VERY hard time trying to find one that has black leather. Anyone know why it was so rare in this body style? [V]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe in the later W124's there was black leather more often. I'm looking for a earlier one probly 92 and earlier. I have stumbled across on ebay once a Black/Black 260E.. i'm sure that wont come along again!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Not rare, just coveted.

I think it is because a W124 with a black leather interior is just too beautiful to part with. They might sell the gray interior, but they hold onto the car with the black interior. I love my parchment interior, but the black seems the most luxurious and spectacular. I don’t like the gray, because to me it shows the dirt and wear more than he other colors.

Parchment is nice, but black is awesome

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 92 400e has is black on/in black. Since it's owned free and clear, I guess you could also say that it's in the black as well.

·
Registered
04 E320 4M Wagon, 90 560SEC, 14 VW Sportwagen TDI
1,067 Posts
My 1990 Has black on black and i must say that i have seen a few around here aswel, mostly on the older models though. Will post pics ASAP

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
no black for me!

I mean, c'mon. I NEVER liked black... do you want to see every crack, crease and line in your leather? how about dust? black looks older faster, and isn't as rich as parchment. I've actually turned down cars BECAUSE the interior was black. the parchment looks more elegant.

·
Registered
A few...
344 Posts
I have parchment in my Azurite coupe. I just purchased a full set of e500 / sportline seats for the wide body conversion, though I'm seriously considering cnverting to a full black interior...

Have a look at the latest MB Classic magazine & tell me the blue / black cabrio isn't beautiful...

·
Registered
1991 300E, 1995 S420
177 Posts
my 91 300e is black on black. it might get really cold and night, and hot as hell in the day, but it looks beautiful! i wouldnt have it any other way.

·
Registered
93 300E 2.8, 79 450 SLC
539 Posts
I have seen black leather w124 on California craigslist but they are relatively rare. For some reason, Merc and BMW I've seen on Japanese market are all black. Personally, I love black leather interior and black dash.

·
Registered
2000 E430 1990 300CE
310 Posts
My 1990 CE is silver with black leather interior. I also have a 88 300E with parchment interior. The black one wins hands down-looks rich and elegant. The guy who said it shows every crack and bit of dust doesn't know how to take care of it.
Both of my interiors look as good as new. Older Mercedes leather is unbelievable, not the thin stuff like in my 98 E320.

·
Registered
94 E320
209 Posts
I have 94 E320 - Brilliant Silver with Black interior and that color combination works very well. It does get HOT in the summer but then again that is what the roof opening up in the back is for - LOL! I do get some kidding about it looking like a funeral director's car. The black interior does seem to look the best in the W124's that I have seen. The interior doesn't look "pieced together" like some of the other colors.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts