Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2009 C350
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tested out the S mode all day today and don't feel too much difference from a C mode. It tends to hold gears slightly higher and bit more responsive. I think that it should be in S mode all the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
same here... drives in S mode all the time...
C mode a bit too sluggish for me...
better MPG in S mode as well for me...

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
Doesn't anyone use the search function anymore. This has been discussed often.

·
Registered
09 C350
39 Posts
90% of the time in S mode...

Equipped with Error free front and rear turn signals!!! anyone interested/??

·
Registered
2010 C250 CGI - AMG package, Dynamic Handling Package, Vision Package
30 Posts
Is there a way to have it in S mode by default? Mine always goes back to Comfort when restarted.

·
Registered
1991 300 CE-24
872 Posts
Is there a way to have it in S mode by default? Mine always goes back to Comfort when restarted.
Yea, get 2008/2009 model years. I believe MB started forcing C mode after every restart since the 2010 model for economy reasons.

·
Registered
09 C350
39 Posts
really?? strange... never happen to my car...which model do u have?? mine the Sport package.

·
Registered
'08 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
116 Posts
S Mode everyday:thumbsup:

I have an '08 and it always default on the last mode/ setting you were using

·
Registered
2010 C250 CGI - AMG package, Dynamic Handling Package, Vision Package
30 Posts
I have an automatic 2010 C250 CGI Australian Spec with AMG kit, Advanced Agility package and Vision package. I admit I would like the option to select sport without the damper function. The sport mode allows the car to start in 1st gear instead of 2nd as well as changing the shift patterns and is handy in stop/start traffic as well as some fun driving. I can only have sport by selecting the stiffer damper setting. There are a few of these types of defaults that I find frustrating (including lights, wipers etc) and I would like some options to change them to suit my style better. Access to the setup menus would be nice.

·
Registered
1991 300 CE-24
872 Posts
If you got a RWD car, than C mode VS S mode will actually make a difference in bad weather. With a 4MATIC with 4ETS I figure the V6 W204 (230/250/300/350) just don't make enough power to make any difference in stability between C and S modes. When I had the W210 E320, taking off from dead stop in C mode was much easier in slippery conditions. With the W204 C2304M I got now - C or S, I can accelerate the same in slippery conditions in C or S, so I figure I'll have a bit more fun with it and also make the tranny use all 7 gears that it got. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts