Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My friend got into an accident as he was using my car. I own a 2003 w211 E-320 sport.
The fender is damaged as shown... Does anyone have an idea as to how much it will cost to repair it?
The fender is the only damaged panel. Bumper is ok and scratches are gone after using rubbing compound.
There is no visible misalignment of panels.

Thanks for your input! ImageUploadedByAG Free1370326891.717600.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1370326912.063623.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1370326928.881928.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2007 S550 4matic. 166k-1987 560SL,111k
461 Posts
The panel is aluminum. I'm not sure if it can be repaired or has to be replaced. I'd call my local dealer and find out who they use for a body shop and take it there for a quote. If you are mechanically inclined you might look for the same color at a salvage yard and just swap the panel.

Bill

·
Registered
12 Posts
To have it done "right", it will likely be $1K+. I am having similar repair done on my 05 right now. The big expense is time for prep/painting. They will have to paint each panel that is damaged (front bumper and quarter), and then blend the paint with any adjoining panels (driver's door).

I am sure you could get it done cheaper. It all depends on what results you would be satisfied with.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI Obsidian Black
370 Posts
Quick 5 minute search that you can do! :confused:
Learn how to fish instead of asking for food!! :eek:

I searched: Mercedes Benz E320 Body Repair Parts

and found

OE Replacement Fender - CAPA Certified, Aluminum, Natural
1 year unlimited mileage warranty
SKU #: JCW- ARBM220107QMfr #: ARBM220107Q

$392.42

Cheers

PS. I NEVER loan out my baby! :twak:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks bill.

I wasn't even aware that the material was aluminum.
So yeah i guess it needs to be replaced as aluminum is impossible to reshape to original. Thanks.
I will try to look around for the same part with the same color at a local junkyard or online.
I guess it should only cost a few hundred bucks.
One shop quoted me $2100 for the repair ($550 for the part and the rest for labor) and i may not be going that route.

·
Banned
2008 C200K (W204) & 1998 SL500 (R129) Imperial Red
3,373 Posts
That fender can be repaired and sprayed..

my comrade cold do it for R500 ($50).. Thats what it wold cost me to get that fixed.. A good flat + polish and you wont be able to see where the damage was ;)

We rebuild entire cars for less than a fraction of the prices im seeing people putting up to fix that tiny dent/scratch..

I guess place value might have something to do with it lol..

Goodluck with the repair comrade, just dont get swindled..

·
Registered
2007 E350 4Matic
51 Posts
Here's a question for you: If your friend is the one who damaged your car, why is it costing you anything at all? Shouldn't your friend be paying for the repairs?

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,941 Posts
Here's a question for you: If your friend is the one who damaged your car, why is it costing you anything at all? Shouldn't your friend be paying for the repairs?
Precisely!!!!!

That was the first thing I thought when I saw the first post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess i can't squeeze the money outta him. He lost his job months ago and he owes me and a few friends some $,$$$.00.
I lent him the car to find a job but he got into an accident just using the car one day (for leisure and not jobhunting).
So yeah I'm either too nice or too stupid. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts