Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML500 sport
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should I pay for a Base model or one above Base. Are they going below invoices since 2007 will be coming soon in August.

·
Registered
2006 ML350
24 Posts
They have been seeling under invoice for nearly as long as they've been out in SoCal. Even Carsdirect.com lists them under invoice. That's a good way to buy if you don't want to haggle. Print out the carsdirect price and take it to the local dealer, and tell them to match it. You can do better than that though. Mine had a 46K sticker and I got it for just over 41K (in March).

TFLG

·
Registered
(deceased) '99 ML320, '07 ML320 CDI, (deceased) '06 Mini Cooper S, '15 Toyota Prius C (wifemobile).
78 Posts
I'm not sure if we are supposed to talk about pricing questions. (Is there a FAQ?) If this is improper, please delete or censor as appropriate and I'll get the message.

I was pricing a moderately-equipped 2006 ML350 with the bi-xenons and trailer hitch and the Annapolis MD salesperson offered me $2000 less than KBB trade-in value ($18K) for my 31K miles 2003 Honda minivan plus 3% off MSRP on the ML350. She was moderately incensed when I suggested that they could "do better" and she said 6% is their profit (implying I was going to cost them all their profit...)

We're they nuts/greedy or does that seem reasonable? Thanks for any insight. -Gary

·
Registered
ML320
110 Posts
digimark said:
I'm not sure if we are supposed to talk about pricing questions. (Is there a FAQ?) If this is improper, please delete or censor as appropriate and I'll get the message.

I was pricing a moderately-equipped 2006 ML350 with the bi-xenons and trailer hitch and the Annapolis MD salesperson offered me $2000 less than KBB trade-in value ($18K) for my 31K miles 2003 Honda minivan plus 3% off MSRP on the ML350. She was moderately incensed when I suggested that they could "do better" and she said 6% is their profit (implying I was going to cost them all their profit...)

We're they nuts/greedy or does that seem reasonable? Thanks for any insight. -Gary
Gary, MB has 5 or 6% holdback. In another word, if the MB is sold at invoice (not MSRP), the dealer still has 5 to 6% of profit. I'd say 3% off MSRP is a really bad deal. You should aim the price at 3% off invoice.

·
Registered
05 E55/ 05 Yamaha R1
173 Posts
most dealers will tell you to f**k off if you offer 3% under invoice. unless there is dealer cash, or some other incentive to make up the difference.

for example: 42500 invoice, 41225 offer, f**k off!

42500 invoice, 41225 offer, 1000 dealer cash, OK!

This is GENERALLY the only way you'll see under invoice deals.

BTW: The reason is not greed, it's principle, or the fact that the next guy will make a reasonable offer

·
Registered
1 Posts
In certain competitive markets like some areas in California, it's possible to get more than 3% under invoice. I got my '06 ML500 (non dealer stock and had to transfer from another dealer) for more than $2k under invoice with MSRP of $56k back in late Jan this year. However, you get to be patient and it tooks several rounds of negotiation for us to get this deal. The dealer only wanted to go as far as $500 below the invoice in the beginning.

·
Registered
2006 ML350
1,434 Posts
I paid less then invoice and that was back in May 2005

1 - 8 of 8 Posts