Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure about any details at all - year, mileage, technical condition.
Just know that it has been bought at a liquidation of the Soviet embassy in Turkey, snapped up for peanuts. Minimal mileage (or so I'm told), should be below 10k, only used for official delegations. Interior is apparently in mint condition, hard to see on fotos, but I believe it...

So, opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
It's outside of the US so it would be tough to valuate it. If you can show documentation of the "owner" that might give it more value but more to the point you can't value it until you really give the car a careful inspection. If it was a 6.9 or something very rare than it would be worth a lot. As a 280S.....carbed? It may not have much collector value.

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,244 Posts
Diplomatic missions and their accredited members are exempt from customs duties and other taxes.
The moment this car was sold, all applicable Turkish duties / taxes had to be paid by the buyer.
How much the car would be worth in the US is a different question.
For example, I once had to pay a customs duty of 150% on a car I had shipped from Bremen in Germany to a Caspian Sea port of Iran.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
If you had military status.....wouldn't it be easier to bring it into the country?

150% tax? How was that value determined? Was that pre or post Shah days?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts