Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
E500
708 Posts
$50/pr at the dealer. White glove installation in about 1 minute to install.

Aftermarket is a whole different subject. I just installed new MB wipers on our
E500. Jim

·
Registered
2003 E500
51 Posts
I'd like to know where this post goes.
I currently need new wiper blades. I personally would pay extra to have quality blades that last long and don't streak or chatter. Is it best just to get factory replacements? Or is there superior aftermarket wipers out there?

Also should I just replace the blade inserts or the whole blade?

Thanks

·
Registered
Eurocharged ECU E500, OE Tuning ECU/Speedriven TCU SL600 V12TT, 2007 Range Rover Supercharged
235 Posts
My dealer charges $100.00 per pair MSRP. If you chat with the parts guy he'll give you a discount. I think I paid 60.00 maybe? They last for 6-9 months before you need a new set. My service advisor says the MB recommends changing them 1-2 times per year.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Hi, folks.

Auto Parts at AutohausAZ - OEM Auto Parts - Discount Replacement Parts, Resources and Car Care Tips sells the pair for $31.39 plus shipping, these are OEM Bosch units. Spend another $20 and shipping is free.

A potential tip for those who live in hotter, drier climates. When I used to live in Phoenix I just left old, worn out wipers on the car. Once the less-dry season started (or in the event of a freak storm) I'd put the good wipers on, took all of 3 or 4 minutes. Then swap them back thereafter. Otherwise that Phoenix sun would trash wipers in just a few months. That's one way to get wipers to last up to a couple years.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
E500
708 Posts
It rains a lot here in Louisiana, (katrina) and I just changed our factory origional wipers on the 03 E500. The dealer charged me the $50 + tax which I felt was fair given I could carry them out of the door and didn't have to wait. I was there for service anyway and didn't have to make an extra trip. I can only see $100 if they install them. Otherwise $100 C&C is way too much. Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts