Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1984 380sl, 1988 300ce, 1988 420sel (gone)
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there:

I've heard of 66 250se coupe that is for sale. Car is supposably in mint shape - what used car isn't. Has a 4 speed tranny and a sun roof. What is a ballpark price for these cars if they are in nice shape and what are the major watchouts?

·
Registered
1967 250SE (German market coupe, 4sp sunroof), 2000 Europa G500 (early model)
56 Posts
Rust, cosmetic condition, rust, interior condition, rust, mechanical condition.

I looked for a long time for a 4sp with sunroof... they are around but not that common. (Of course, the market for somebody looking for a manual trans in a car like this is also likely rather limited... so that fact probably evens out the market and makes the value similar to an automatic W111).

From my shopping, $5000 buys you a running and driving car with minimal rust needing cosmetics (but "minimal" rust in one of these can still mean some significant repair) to mid-teens for a nice driver-quality car you could take to local shows to low-mid 20's for a really nice one.

That $5000 car will be in the midteens by the time you make it into a drive quality car... so like with eveyrthing else, it pays to buy the best car you can afford.... or at least to buy a car in the condition that you plan to use it in.

Good luck!
Bill

·
Registered
67 250SE Coupe
94 Posts
its priceless like mine......but i paid 2k for it.......was kinda a hand me down from my uncle since he cant really use it anymore.....but 4k-7k was ball park price when i was comparing with cars in same condition......careful when you say MINT.....15k plus easy......get good insurance for people breaking their necks when they look....priceless.

grez

1 - 3 of 3 Posts