Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
'94 E320 (154k) '99 (120k) CLK320(sold) '04 Mazda 6s (sold) '86 Merkur XR4TI (sold)
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 CLK 320 with approx. 122k miles. I've decided that I want a 540i 6-speed and so I am thinking about selling the clk. I've had it for about 8k miles and have changed oil, engine mounts, one valve cover gasket and the oil filler neck. It has the dark grey leather seats, rear shade, etc. Paint is in good condition, although there are a couple of scratches and a scrape on the front bumper that was there when I bought it. Interior is in good condition with a crack in the dash near the air bag. The tires (Goodyear) have about 75% tread. A/C is great and everything else that I'm aware of is in good working condition. With all of that being said, what should I ask for it? I'm aware of what the book values are, but searching auto trader and newspapers everyone seems to be asking 1k or 2k higher than what kbb shows. Anyway, constructive input welcome. Thanks and pics to follow.

Attachments

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
With that mileage, I can't imagine more than 10k.

·
Registered
'94 E320 (154k) '99 (120k) CLK320(sold) '04 Mazda 6s (sold) '86 Merkur XR4TI (sold)
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I put on the for sale sign. It's funny though, I've seen similar models (99 320) with more miles on autotrader asking 11,9 and 12,8. I didn't know if they were just out of touch with reality or if it was really possible that they could sell for that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Interior is in good condition with a crack in the dash near the air bag.
thank god I am not the only one. I was wondering if it was a weak spot for heat to do damage. Looks like it is.

I'm going to try some filler and see if I can make it go away.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be interested to see how the filler works out. I'd love to be able to get rid of that. It's the only weak spot in the interior.

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
dbow2000 said:
I'd be interested to see how the filler works out. I'd love to be able to get rid of that. It's the only weak spot in the interior.
i have that same crack as well....i noticed it after i purchased the car and thought for a second that maybe the air bag deployed which is y thats there but then soon realized that cudnt b possible cuz the crak wasnt big enuf...

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've got hte same crack also. It's the only thing wrong with my interior.

·
Registered
S550 4matic
94 Posts
Me too, 00 430, it's on left top side of pass. air bag, but crack itself is on dash not on air bag insert, I'll try to draw it

I
***********air bag***********

I is where the crack is, mine about 1"

·
Registered
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2000 E55 AMG, 2009 GL550, 1954 LINCOLN CAPRI. 1967 VW BEETLE
249 Posts
Ive got it too, top left!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ditto! exact same place!

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG, 2006 E500
1,029 Posts
Same here. I was going to try some filler, but I worried about it creating a problem if I ever needed the airbag.

The only other problem I've had is the interior door handles. The vinyl has come off in sections on the driver's side and wearing thin on the passenger side. Eventually, I'm going to replace them with the wood handles.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You're only looking at a few tiny drops of filler in the crack behind the airbag deployment zone. There's no chance of it interfering. I'm heading over to find some filler material right now and will report back.

·
Premium Member
Daily: 2000 Kleemann Supercharged CLK 430. Seductress: 1988 Jap AMG SEC Widebody
1,201 Posts
Same crack

·
Registered
137 Posts
well there is still a sign of a flaw of course since it was a repair, but it looks a hell of a lot better than a huge crack.

This is not for the impatient.............

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG, 2006 E500
1,029 Posts
I used a vinyl repair kit for the top crack. I was more worried about the one that runs around the airbag itself. Mine looks identical to yours.

·
Registered
137 Posts
but....... that's a factory crack. It's supposed to be there......

you could get creative....... :sawzall:

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG, 2006 E500
1,029 Posts
Hmmm. I've never seen an airbag with a gap like that (or any gap). There's no gap around the entire thing on mine (I think - I'll have to double check now).

Oh well, the door handles piss me off much more.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts