Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valve adjustment and tranny fluid change with tranny adjustment ?

I would do the valve adjustment myself but I can't seem to find the the feeler gauge to measure the gaps in between.

Thank You

·
Registered
00 S500,99 4wgn,87TD
579 Posts
They will prob charge 2 hours + vc gasket on the valve adj. Trans service should be 1.5 ...

They will prob charge 2 hours + vc gasket on the valve adj. Trans service should be 1.5 to 2 hrs. also. Parts & fluid should be 75 -80 $$.....

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: They will prob charge 2 hours + vc gasket on the valve adj. Trans service should be 1.5

They will prob charge 2 hours + vc gasket on the valve adj. Trans service should be 1.5 to 2 hrs. also. Parts & fluid should be 75 -80 $$.....

80 bucks each or both ????? seems really cheap

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,103 Posts
BENZDOC

benzdoc-where are you located in NY? i see you have a 516 area code, like i did before moving to boston.

are you an MB mechanic, like your screen name implies? where? i will be back on long island for a couple weeks in december, and i may have some business for you....

janos z.

·
Registered
00 S500,99 4wgn,87TD
579 Posts
Re: Re: They will prob charge 2 hours + vc gasket on the valve adj. Trans service should b

80 bucks each or both ????? seems really cheap
$80 for trans filter kit and fluid. 10.00 for vc gasket up to 4 hrs labor total.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.