Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 ML500 w/ Sport Package
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 ML500 Sport? It's black with tan interior, still under warranty, in pretty clean condition, has every option including 3rd row seats, parktronic, and trailer hitch/wiring. It just hit 49000 miles. I'd be too sad to let it go, but i can't keep up with it's gas habits, so I'm trying to see how much I could even get for it in the first place.

·
Registered
2001 ML320 w/ AMG Sport Package
79 Posts
btw, what is parktronic?
I believe it's a parking-assistance system that uses ultrasonic sensors embedded in the front and rear bumpers, to measure distance to nearby objects. The system emits an intermittent warning tone and/or offers visual signals through LCDs on the dashboard and above the rear window to indicate how far the car is from an obstacle.

As the distance decreases, the warning tone becomes faster. For instance, it first sounds when the car is approx. 1, 1.2, or 1.8 m from the obstacle, and the car is operating at speeds less than 9 mph, and the tone becomes continuous when only 300mm remain.

Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi... they all use the Parktronic name.

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
Depends on area, target buyer, and if you "might want" or "have to"

A LOT depends on your area, and your target buyer... a ML500 in black the target is either a gal who wants a luxury SUV, or a guy who wants a zoom-zoom SUV.. pick the right target for your area.

On price, it depends on if "might want to" sell, or "have to sell"..

Auto Trader is now almost like a "sell at fullretial" ad book for most areas, Craigs List is for the "it's got to go buy it now" method for most metro areas now.

If you want the best price, focus on attracting/finding the right target buyer..if it's got to go, shoot a price over Craig's List or equivalent..

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Unless you have an extended warranty your factory warranty is for practical purposes over (49000 miles). Your mileage is higher than the average. I would not look to making a "home run" on this sale. But somewhere in the middle of the selling range. Remember its also a discontinued body style/model.

·
Registered
2004 ML500 w/ Sport Package
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it has the extended starmark warranty

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Yep, that combined with gas prices today (and heavy gas user V8) which is killing the truck and truck-type SUV market. The market for this type of vehicle has deteriorated sharply in the last 7 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts