Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'84 300SD '91 300CE '95 SL500
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the fresh air pods on MY '91 300CE. I know I did a stupid thing but I've already replaced all but those.
If my memory serves me correctly, there are 2 pods, one of the right and one for the left. But when I look up the part on the Autohaus site they show only one. Am I looking at the wrong p/n, or am I right?:confused:

·
Registered
1983 300SD, 1986 560SEL, 1992 300D, 1995 E320 Wagon
245 Posts
For those of you out there that see this comment, I posted a long video on how to remove the W124 dash and how to replace the vacuum actuator pods for the climate control.

Just trying to spread the word. Note that there are only 2 PN's left of the 6 PN's that are available from Mercedes or aftermarket. On the dual diaphgram pods you can buy one of the two pods that are available, remove their arms (white plastic just snaps it on), and you can take off the old arm from the old pod and transfer it to the new pod. NOTE: This trick only works on the dual diaphgram pods. Last resort you can get just the rubber diaphgram inside the pod that you can replace at a place called Performance Analysis in Tennessee, although you can't order on their website. You have to call them. Their part numbers for the two different diaphgrams are 2010 and 2020. On the W124 and W126, you can use one of their diaphgrams on the "center" pod, which is a single diaphragm. They are inexpensive, not sure how long they will be in business from the conversation I had with them. . Get a bunch and store them the rest of your life!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts