Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my ML55 AMG wheels and tires. I want to lower my ML. I understand I can only lower the the rear by replacing the coil springs and adjusting the front end bars.<br>
<br>
QUESTIONS: How many hours does it take to lower an ML?? what coils springs do you recommend?<br>
<br>
The local dealer's service guy says seven(7) hours. <br>
<br>
WHAT DO YOU SAY???

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seven hours sounds like an awful lot to me

I lowered my ML55. Adjusting the torsion bars in the front takes about five minutes. It's simply a matter of turning a big bolt underneath the car until it gets to the level you want. I lowered the rear with a set of springs that are lower but have the same rebound rate. My mechanic installed them; maybe took him one hour, I'm not sure. <br>
<br>
I used Kleemann springs, which, incidentally, I am selling. They lowered the car about 1-1 1/2'. I believe I also have the original AMG springs, which are a little bit lower (3/4') than the 320/500 springs which I will sell too. Both sets have very low miles on them, never abused, etc... I will sell either or both sets very cheap.<br>
<br>
Email me if you are interested.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Seven hours sounds like an awful lot to me

Why are you selling the Kleeman and AMG springs?<br> JUSTIN:<br> <br> How much do you want for them each?<br> <br> My zip code is 95608, tell me the weight of one set of rear springs and the shipping cost for ground freight to me by checking out the rates at www.ups.com???<br> <br> Sincerely,<br> <br> JOHN

1 - 3 of 3 Posts