Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.<br> <br> I have a 98 CLK with <gasp> close to 90k miles on it. I've been meticulous about service and everything still seems perfect on the car. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard about anyone with substantially more miles on their CLK than me. Should I expect any major overhauls anytime soon?<br> <br> This is a great forum. Thanks for your help.<br> <br> <br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jay,<br>
Congrats on so many trouble free miles on your CLK, but I think you already covered the issue by saying how you take care of your M-B.<br>
M-B's have a very long reputation for long mileage and life in past models and I wouldn't think that there is anything that would change that; in fact I feel that with all the improvements that M-B seems to make on a yearly basis, I think you probable have anything to worry about for a long long time as long as you keep up with all the good service work.<br>
I have friends that have mid- 90's M-B's with over 200,000 miles on their cars without any problems what so ever.<br>
<br>
Good luck, and keep up the good work.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Overhaul ??? Those word shouldn't come to mind until at least 200,000 miles.........................

<br> At least that is what i expect from my old Honda and Toyota. Mercedes is very reliable in the 80's and early 90's but in the late 90's until now, Mercedes has major 'quality' issues wordls wide.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Frank, Mercedes "quality" started to slide off since new models came out in 98" ....

<br> Most of this car are still under factory warranty and 00' and newer models are maintained by dealer because of free service. Even all this, the quality still slipped.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been happy with my CLK (98 first MY)...

A little quirks here and there but nothing substantial to make me say that quality has gone down completely. They have improved in several areas like safety (Driver,Passenger, Side airbags, ESP, Teleaid, etc.) which is very important to me since I do a lot of driving. Others may have more problems than most but they are common to all makes and models.<br> <br> On the engines, they're rock solid although MBs do tend to run on the hot side due to the high compression, they will definitely outlast the vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts