Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
your rear defroster to fully work?
your front window defroster... are there variant speeds for the front? mine just comes out full blast ( 1987 300e )
and lastly , how long does it take you to find a hot chica at the club [:D][8D]

·
BenzWorld W124 Host
1993 300E 3.2L 24V
1,088 Posts
Defroster on mine comes out in two speeds, high and higher, from what I remember.

And I don't club, I just have a posse of women that follow me everywhere.[:D]

-Tubs

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
even the rear defroster? on the 1987 300e there is only on setting for both front window defroster and one for rear correct? or is there a trick that im not aware of

·
BenzWorld W124 Host
1993 300E 3.2L 24V
1,088 Posts
The rear defroster is electric, that's what the little lines in the glass are for. They heat up slightly and get rid of the fogginess, there's only one setting, on or off. It goes on until it senses it's clear, then it should shut off.

-Tubs

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok making sure. cuz i like to find out new things.. just a few days ago i found out about the dimmer! lol and im still trying to find out how to turn on all the lights... the inner headlights don't light up... maybe the bulb just went out.. lol. well thanks but if there read is completely fogged up.. how long does it take you for it to clear up. mine taes an awfully long time... only way to make it faster is to replace the glass correct??

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
it takes forever...

usually it's because of all the hot air coming from the chicas in the car... all the laughing and singing and giggling? I just said to heck with the defroster-- the thing never clears up.

the babes come in groups to roll with scoopcoupe...

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you sure they aren't laughing and giggling AT you??? and are they singing just cuz they are bored??? ... :p back on topic... to increase the speed of defrosting.. would i need to change the glass cuz of old wires in the glass or something?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I have been thinking about this also. I think it may be old wiring or maybe just a tired relay that causes it to be so weak. Or maybe thats just the way these old MB's are [:(]

Oh by the way to turn on your inner foglights turn the knob to position one or two and then pull the knob out. Yes it pulls out!
In fact it pulls out two positions. The first one turns on the inner fog lights out front and the second position also turns on the rear single fog light out back. [:)]

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whoooaa!!!! pull the knob out?!?!?!? trippy!!! i would have never thought of that. i can't wait til i get home to try this out!... EEK!!! hahaha I'm like a giddy little school girl... first i find out about the dimmer now foglights in the front AND rear... can life get any better???

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just tried it.. sweet. i haven't actually seen the difference cuz it is super bright outside right now.. ok when i turn the knob left and pull out ( just the taillights.. whats that for?? ) why doesn't it stay out? anyways... its cool. any of you guys have interesting info? i know how to change the clock... how to put the headrest down ( took me 2 days to figure out what the big button was for :p ) put head rests down... oh another question.. is there such a thing as like an air filter? cuz when i turn on the a.c... it just smells a little odd... not bad like gas or oil... but just odd

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh noo... i tried it, and yes it did pull out two notches like you said... but the inner ( fog ? ) lamps/lights didn't turn on :( other lights were fine. if i pull when the knob is turned left.. does that do anything? so for the foglights... is that a killed bulb or what??

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
lnkprksoldier here's something you may or may not know... Do you have headlight wipers? Turn on your headlights and press in the turn signal bar (I don't know the word for it) to wash the windshield and your headlight cleaners will clean your headlights too. About the windshield defogger, mine is the same way. It just blasts it no matter what. I don't like it very much at all lol.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Check your fuses I can't remember if the fogs are on a different circuit to the main lights, and also check your bulbs in the fog lights in front (they are H3's).

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Professor Booty - 3/30/2005 11:37 PM

lnkprksoldier here's something you may or may not know... Do you have headlight wipers? Turn on your headlights and press in the turn signal bar (I don't know the word for it) to wash the windshield and your headlight cleaners will clean your headlights too. About the windshield defogger, mine is the same way. It just blasts it no matter what. I don't like it very much at all lol.
doesn't pushing in on the ( what you are calling the windshield wiper and turn signal thing to the left of the steering wheel ) cause the windshield wiper liquid to shoot out? ill try it though

Six_wheeler - 3/30/2005 2:26 AM

My 87 300E has manual heater controls, so I can actually control the speed of the windshield defogging blast.
you do? is it the buttons on the right with 3 options right???

Yal - 3/31/2005 6:31 AM

Check your fuses I can't remember if the fogs are on a different circuit to the main lights, and also check your bulbs in the fog lights in front (they are H3's).
ok.. where is the fusebox?? how do i know if i have a bad fuse? and i might as well get new bulbs... how do i go about replacing them??? any recommendations?

·
BenzWorld W124 Host
1993 300E 3.2L 24V
1,088 Posts
My stuff defrosts in pretty short order. Maybe I'm lucky.

But I find the best way to keep it clear is to pull over to the side of the road and have sex on the hood of the car. Not in the car.

-Tubs

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
Tubs300E - 3/31/2005 7:22 PM

But I find the best way to keep it clear is to pull over to the side of the road and have sex on the hood of the car. Not in the car.

-Tubs
HAHA nice one.

lnkprksoldier, that's exactly right. [:)]

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sorry... is there a mod to get like a hood made out of leather??? :D but are there any real answers or is this just unkown?

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
Tubs300E - 3/31/2005 7:22 PM

-Tubs
LOLLOLLOLOLOL..... I've got nothing else to say---- that topped it all. LOL

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
lnkprksoldier - 3/30/2005 6:54 PM

just tried it.. sweet. i haven't actually seen the difference cuz it is super bright outside right now.. ok when i turn the knob left and pull out ( just the taillights.. whats that for?? ) why doesn't it stay out? anyways... its cool. any of you guys have interesting info? i know how to change the clock... how to put the headrest down ( took me 2 days to figure out what the big button was for :p ) put head rests down... oh another question.. is there such a thing as like an air filter? cuz when i turn on the a.c... it just smells a little odd... not bad like gas or oil... but just odd
I'm not sure if you have a cabin filter or not... you just might. you'll have to check a manual somewhere or search the boards to find out... I know I've got one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts