Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05 SL500
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious as to how long people plan to keep there clks and whether there is a difference between 320s 430s and cabriolets. I purchsed my 00CLK430 in October of 99 (purchsed the 4 yr. premium MB extended warranty from Lisa @ Curtesy Motors)and presently have a deposit on a 04 CLK500 cab (3rd on the dealers list). After viewing and driving the car, I have decided to keep my 430 a while longer. Four years is a long time for me, but I fell for the styling of the 208 and the 209 just doesn't do it for me. I must say that there are vast improvements to the vehicle but the styling is too feminine. The rear reminds me of a Toyota Solara or a Chrysler Sebring convertible.
I guess to each his own. I see no shame in driving a
discontinued body style, especially such an aggressive
looking one, imho.[^]

·
Registered
CLK 55 AMG '03
136 Posts
Probably right!

I must partially agree with you. I did not switch to a W209 cabriolet CLK 500, because it looked like a Volvo, esp. from the side view. I just feel better with the 209 coupe. However, the drive, ergonomics, "passenger-car communication", and the aerodynamics are much superior and perhaps, worthwhile a change. And ofcourse if you are sucker for interior looks, like myself, there is a world of a change....you luxuriously sail into the new millenium with the interior curves & gadgets , esp. with the COMAND installed.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG
40 Posts
me too

I liked the front look of the new CLK, came across very CL'ish then after seeing more pic of the car from differant angles i realized it wasnt for me. I really love the muscular look and athletic stance that the 208 has and the 209 lacks, but again, its all personal opinion.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yeah when I first heard about the 209, I was hoping it would look like a 2-door version of...

Yeah when I first heard about the 209, I was hoping it would look like a 2-door version of the 211 (I bought the 208 because I liked the whole 2-door 210 look) but the new styling was very disappointing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I plan to keep it until my extended warranty runs out, which is 85k miles (currently at 40...

I plan to keep it until my extended warranty runs out, which is 85k miles (currently at 40k miles).

·
Registered
2002 clk 320
22 Posts
I have a 02 320 cabrio which I bought a few months ago. I definitely prefer the 208 over...

I have a 02 320 cabrio which I bought a few months ago. I definitely prefer the 208 over the 04 CLK cabrio or coupe. It just looks like my moms 03 Honda Accord Coupe!!

·
Registered
2002 CLK55 Cab
59 Posts
Steven,
Interesting enough. Those are exactly my sentiments. I just bought a 2002 CLK 55 Cab instead of going for a new one. Besides the new technology and interior, the 209 just does not look agressive at all. That rear end was just a poor design decision! I have a feeling many will turn around from the CLK because of that.

I hope this baby will be good to me. It's definitely turning heads and smoking cars even though the new models are coming around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an '03 clk430a which arrived in 9/02. I plan on keeping this car at least 10 years, hopefully more. I did get the extended warranty, which should keep me safe through 2009. I purchased this car with the intention of having an awesome convertible that would last a long time. It has been stored for each of the past 2 winters. When put away this past November, it had a little over 2200 miles on it, and really was only driven on nice days.

·
Registered
02 430, 07 997, 01 E320
54 Posts
As long as I like driving it. It is a very good looking car and drives very nice, and If you were to replace it, what compares? Not much.

·
Registered
2001 CLK430
44 Posts
This is a great question...and the answers support my thoughts as well. Southern California is filled with many nice cars...but six year later the CLK is still holding it's own, especially the 208!

Like most I am planning on throwing some money into audio and performance upgrades and wait for the next 1 to 2 genarational designs. This is my daily commutter, so the enjoyment factor needs to stay high for me.

1yr later, so far so good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts