Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
01 Subaru for sale!
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at/for a 300 TD (wagon--prefer 79-85 W123 style). A couple I've seen have a bad driver's seat and I was wondering if I can replace with some other seats--maybe from a different brand of car? or performance seats? Just something very comfortable. Will this work or will I have to make lots of mods to get a power seat (say from a Volvo 850) to work?

Also, can I replace the AC system with something from a different kind of car? I'm not worried about resale value or keeping the car completely stock--the one I get I plan on driving until it dies!

Has anyone replaced seats/ac with other manufactured systems?

Thanks,
Cathy

ps. if anyone has a decent wagon for sale in Calif/Oregon/Arizona/Nevada/Washington (or anywhere LOL) email [email protected] [:)]

·
Registered
1983 300Dturbodiesel
297 Posts
im not exactly sure what other kinds of seats would fit, but i think they are just held in...

im not exactly sure what other kinds of seats would fit, but i think they are just held in with a few bolts so it shouldnt be a huge problem to take em out and put something in with mounts in teh same places...

·
Registered
240D
7 Posts
seats

I have successfully transplanted the driver's seat from a volvo 960 into a w123. The bolt pattern fits exactly, however some minor modifications are required. The bueaty of it is that the electric controls are located on the seat itself, just bring power to the controller unit. Try to get rid of the computer under the seat.

moftaki

1979 240D with 300Dt power train
1987 190D 2.5

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes 300D
1,249 Posts
Wow, seats from a Volvo had the same bolt pattern as our W123s? What year was the Volvo...

Wow, seats from a Volvo had the same bolt pattern as our W123s? What year was the Volvo - and what sort of modifications did you have to make in order to get the seats mounted properly? My uncle has a '78 300D that needs new seats, depending on the mods needed for this to work, I may suggest this Volvo seat idea to him! Thanks for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.