Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had mine re-aimed and the light goes about 2-car lengths ahead - the lowest portion that hits the middle of the road. It seems normal compared with other cars but is that what yours is like?

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
Mine is also two car lengths for sure on the pavement

but much farther reaching at the top of the arc--and the Hella BiX micro DE driving lights add some bling that shines up the road and also 40 feet in total...

·
Registered
02ML320 & 06RClass (sold)
1,632 Posts
Darkmann - 3/8/2005 11:19 PM

I just had mine re-aimed and the light goes about 2-car lengths ahead - the lowest portion that hits the middle of the road. It seems normal compared with other cars but is that what yours is like?
Mine goes at least one and half car lenght, but my concern is that the passenger is little longer than the driver side. I can see the cut-off but I cannot level it. I tried re-aiming - no luck. Dealers does`nt want to explore into coz it is not factory.

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dewdaltz - 3/9/2005 8:22 AM
...Mine goes at least one and half car lenght, but my concern is that the passenger is little longer than the driver side. I can see the cut-off but I cannot level it. I tried re-aiming - no luck. Dealers does`nt want to explore into coz it is not factory.
That's by design and I think it's a DOT spec on headlamps. I don't believe it's easy to mod that without tampering with the lens design. The reason for this is that they want you to blind other vehicles on the road (oncomming or directly ahead of you), and since you drive on the right, seeing your right curb is essential for avoiding mishaps that may come your way at night. It's a safetyy thing.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Thanks Darkmann....

Now I`ll stop re-aiming. NOthing will happen. Coz everytime I drive I always concentrate on the way my bi-xenon projects. I am now convince that it is for "safety reason".

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're welcome. Interestingly enough, I went through my auto books and there's actally

a European spec and a DOT spec on the pattern, height, length, width and a whole lot of stuff on headlights - amazing. It turns out that to eliminate the pattern, you'll have to replace the reflector, and of course, after you do that you'll get arrested immediately for breaking some DOT code!!!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
OhOhOH... no way stay the way it is...

I remember one BW member had a Euro bi- xenon and was having an inspection(DMV) and it failed coz was told that the lights has no DOT sign on the headlights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts