Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed needle of my speedometer jumps from speed to speed. That is it does not move smoothly while driving the car. Both my accord and civic move smoothly. Does yours do the same? I took off the cluster few weeks ago to fix dead pixels on my temperature but I don't know if that got anything to do with it.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Mine did that and luckily it was before the warranty ran out. The dealer replaced the cluster at no charge. I think that's also why I've dodged the pixellating pixel pixies, too.

I don't know of any fix for it, though, and can't remember reading one. You might contact the one company (search or maybe it's in the stickies?) that seems to know what they are doing regarding cluster repairs and ask them if they can fix that and how much, too.

Good luck.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Check out the modulemaster..com
Heard about them in the Audi forum, never tried them thou but according to their website they can fix the w210 clusters. Or give them a call.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, so if I chose to buy a new cluster with a different mileage on it, do I have to take it MB dealer to set the cluster to reflect the mileage on the vehicle? Or can I do that myself?

·
Registered
568 Posts
No, you can't program the mileage yourself, have to take it to dealership. But those guys I gave you the link, as far as I understand, they fix it. You ship it to them and a couple of days later they ship it back to you.

Good luck

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Personally I'd send yours in for repair. Any other used one you pick up is likely to have issues, too. And a new one is a grand.

Plus the dealer will charge you to reset the mileage.

All in all, send yours off, it comes back fixed, that's all you need to worry about, right? ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts