Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
The car looks good! Are the wheels dirty, or is the black just flat?

One idea - which you may or may not want to do - is to take the wheels and have them powder-coated solid black. I think it would look much tougher without that silver lip on the rims. Consider new springs too - lowering the car some will make its appearance much more aggressive (or change your spring pads).

Nice car!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea the rims are a little dity. when its a sunny day ill wash it and take some better pictures. how much do spring pads cost?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I would suggest change the grill to black, change the window trim to black and black out the tail lights

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for the grill, what looks best, black grill with a silver benz emblem in the middle or should i just have it a plain grill. or what looks best with silver clk's

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice car..

Very Ugly Rims !! ..

Just change the rims.. if your looking for comfort driving get 17's AMG.. looks great on silver clk..

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
...By far the best set of black deep dish rims I've seen are from 'CLKMAN' , I have a black CLK and thought I would keep with the silver alloy to get a contrast, and I guess you are maybe wanting a contrast on your silver CLK so are going for black.. As for the deep dish look ans staggered at the back, I would definately go for it as I think it complete the aggressive look of the car perfectly, I have just bought a set for mine...

(Photo's below are of 'CLKMAN' black 19" rims, a photo from ebay where I saw them, and a photo of my new rims showing the staggered back... Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh wow hahah!!! that was stupid lol. do you know how much they were?
whats the widest back wheel size i can get?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Its your car.

Seriously man, its your car.

Get what you want on it.

If you like black... get it... if you like 19s...get it.

we cant tell you what to get, and alot of times, you'll find that we dont like what you may like.

I got Chrome rims on mine... they are 20s. I went with a 9.5 in the rear and a 8.5 in the front.

the reason they told you to black out the grille is because most of us on here that have black rims went with the black grille to compliment it... its like a theme.

But lets say that you bought everything someone told you and went with their theme... and you didnt like it. :dunno:

look into some of your options... do some research... find what you like... and if you have the money.... buy it

Good Luck :beerchugr:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts