Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to clean the area covered by the leather which tucks under a plastic piece on a standard shift SLK. How can I "pop" it out for this purpose, and then put it back in its original position? Thanks!

·
Registered
1998 MB SLK 230
504 Posts
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1191230&start=1&fid=26

is this what you mean?

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the area mrfu; I assumed that a screwdriver would work, but wanted to make sure before I tried. I'll get a plastic wedge to make sure there's no damage. Thanks!

·
Registered
1998 MB SLK 230
504 Posts
Yeah no problem. I couldn't get a plastic wedge in my area (for some reason these idiots have never heard of one) so i just put some fabric on the end of the screwdriver. damaged my console just a little bit with 2 scratches. not noticeable. But use a bit of strength it's kinda tough to get it out.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update...

Worked like a charm! I couldn't find a plastic wedge (I live in Italy), so I used a piece of cloth to cover the tip of the screwdriver. I pryed it loose in 3 different contact points, and it popped out without causing any scratches. Thanks again...! [:D]

·
Registered
1998 MB SLK 230
504 Posts
No problem...[:D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts