Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SL 500, 2003 E-500, 1996 SL 320
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 SL320

My dash lights, taillights, etc. aren't working half the time and the headlight switch turns very poorly. I want to replace the whole unit but I can't figure how to remove the knob.

I lowered the carpet trim panel and removed the parking brake release. I did try and pull on the knob but didn't force it. Something is holding it in place.

Any suggestions on getting it off and is there anyting I need to know when removing the switch behind it??

Thanks!!

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
I have a 1996 SL320

Any suggestions on getting it off and is there anyting I need to know when removing the switch behind it??

Thanks!!
Welcome to the R129 Forum. Please watch the video at Translated version of http://www.classic-roadster.de/modules.php?set_albumName=Filme-r129- demontage&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php Click on ''Instrument Makers then Passenger airbag, combined instrument, covers speaker Instrumententäger, light rotary switch, Handbremsgriff.

Note: to play videos you will need the Apple - QuickTime - Download

When you click on the motion picture camera it will take several minutes to download the file. BTW, these 'disassembly videos' are located in the blue Sticky's at the top of the R129 Forum. Please read!

·
Registered
2007 CLS 550, 1998 Harley Road King, 2011 F-150 EcoBoost, '65 Shelby Cobra
978 Posts
To answer your immediate question: Give it a good yank! I have had mine off several times trying to get the little fog light indicator bulb to keep working. I gave up on that, but who cares. We don't have fog in So. California. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts