Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 SL550
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:surrender:

Hello! I have a 2007 SL550 with the stock Bose stereo. Recently, the Driver's Door speaker has been very "staticky" (is that a word?) and sounds horrible. I'm not sure if the speaker is simply loose (and vibrating) in the door panel, or if the speaker itself is faulty.

In any event, I would like to remove the speaker to give it a visual inspection and possibly replace, but have not been able to find a diagram or schematic to show me how to remove/reinstall the speaker. As I don't wish to do any damage to the door panel or the electronics in it, I am hesitant to just start "poking around".

Any assistance that is offered would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
Sold my 2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
579 Posts
Here is the step by step. I changed it a little as this was part of adjusting the window that a member submitted. I have had my door panel off 3 times now. My BIGGEST suggestion is. Take your time. The first time is a little hard. Especially getting the door panel back on. After 3 times I can do it in a few minutes.

1. Lower the window

2. Remove the screws that hold on the aluminum door edge where the door latch is housed (Should be seven, I think...)

3. Remove the small triangle cover plate for the mirror.

4 There is an oval insert that says SRS on it. With your fingers, turn it 90 degrees. It can now be removed. DO NOT USE A SCREWDRIVER TO PRY IT OFF!!!

5. Remove the Torx screw behind the SRS badge.

6. With a 1" wide wedge, or something like it, pry the door panel away from the door frame on the bottom and both sides. DO NOT use something narrower than 1", or you may damage the panel itself.

7. When all three sides are free, pull out (towards you), the bottom of the panel, and push it upso that the top lip pops off of the door frame. STOP THERE.

8. Reach behind the panel and detach the cable/rod that connects the interior handle to the locking machanism.

9. Disconnect the electrical connetions, (They're all different so reconnection is not difficult).

10. Panel is free. GO LAY PANEL ON A FLAT PADDED SURFACE.

11. Go retrieve your door panel. Reconnect the electrical connections, THEN the cable/rod for the handle release. Position the panel on the top lip and push down till it locks into place. Push in all of the edges until secure. Reinstall the Torx screw behind the SRS button. Put the SRS button back in place. Reinstall the small cover for the mirror access, and.......

·
Registered
Sold my 2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
579 Posts
I had saved it as a word document. But n2red was the member that did the original work
on the "Door Panel" fix. Thanks to n2red again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts