Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Very symetrical & firm, but alas a bit too large for my taste.

I'm curious also to what cargo you have in mind for this? I would guess it's very important since it's on a SLK32. Hopefully it can be removed with no sign of it ever being there.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
If you have something of any weight on it - what happens when you raise the top....the trunk tilts back....rams might not be able to handle it....?
No - not to my taste.

·
Registered
420 Posts
is it on the right way round? i thought the hoop was meant to be at the front of the rack to stop any load mounted on the rack from hitting the driver/passenger in the back of the head in the event of a head on crash or even braking hard.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I thnk more's the point that it doesnt fall off the back...?
I imagine the support legs would be slightly wider at the "front" end to accomodate the taper of the trunk ...and that would be quite obvious - I would have thought.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It looks very well made. I like it. I had a similar rack on my MGA when I was a kid, it was a permanent factory installation. If you need the extra carrying capacity this is the only way to go, but I wouldn't leave it in place as a permanent feature. I don't imagine that's your intention here.

Colin

·
Registered
40 Posts
when it comes to racks, more than a handful is a waste.
But if you are traveling and need to carry some extra luggage, why not?

·
Registered
70 Posts
With all respect for the individual needs and tastes, it is one of the things i would never put on mine, I think it spoils the clean lines of the little banger.

Best regards

1 - 14 of 14 Posts