Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 e320
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yea, i copy and pasted the title from eBay right into this rectangle! I'm super annoyed---the things, when I place them in the slots are super loose!

what do I have to do to make them nice and sturdy and not loose and wringly! They're supposed to sit still and open the console, but instead, they fall on the floor when I touch or breath on them!

Can someone explain to me how to get them to stay in place--I've watched all the videos on YouTube that were relevant, all 1 1/2 of them! lol

·
Registered
1999 e320
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sat them in the placements, and they dont lock...and once I slide them or jiggle them about, they seem as if they're gonna break! Like, is my console broke or something? When you place them in the grooves, do they automatically lock into position, or do they stay wiggly and you have to slide them into being locked!

I'm not familiar with the process! Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
1999 e320
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it possible that im missing a part that makes it snap into place automatically? when i slide it into the slots, its wringly and doesnt connect into the grooves, the car is used...is it possible that a piece is not there preventing it from snapping into place?

someone please help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Those trim pieces snap in place by placing the trim over the handle with the 3 tab points being inserted into the respective slot. Once the tabs are in the slots, push the trim forward, which is what snaps it securely in place.

Examine the 3 tabs to each trim piece to see if any of the end tips, which bend 90 degrees to clip onto the handle backing, have been broken off, bent out of place, or loose. The more tabs that are damaged, the less secure the trim will be.

It's actually a fairly common occurrence. If you dont feel like replacing with a non-damaged replacement, alternatively, using glue or some adhesive, like rubber cement works fine.

Worked for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts