Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My low left beam headlight went out. Is there a DIY. Sorry if this is a duplicate question, but I did a search and I cannot find the answer. I also have the MB Service DVD but the procedure seems to ask for removing the front bumper.

After I take off the round lid from the light housing, which way do I turn the bulb? Do I have to press and twist, or do I just pull out. What’s the trick for disconnecting the connector? The space is tight and I only have enough room for one hand, and mobility is very restricted. Do you take off the coolant bottle?

Thanks,
Mike
2008 E-320 Bluetec (W211)

·
Registered
07 E350 4Matic w/P1 & Sport Pkg
246 Posts
There's not alot of room to work. YOu have to negotiate just the right angle for your hand & wrist. On the driver's side, take out the plastic screww that holds the coolant overflow in place. Wiggle the container upwards...there's 2 pieces underneath that fit into rubber grommets, and you should be careful to NOT accidentally pull the grommets out of their spots in the sheet metal.

Once the coolant reservoir is lifted, and lodged toward the center, you can just rest it between whatever is there, also being careful not to dislodge the hose attached to the overflow reservoir. Now, you still have to get a good angle with your hand & wrist. Once the blk plastic dust cover is removed (counter-clockwise), just grab the back of the bulb, and turn counter-clockwise to un-seat it from its holder in the headlight ass'y. Tricky part is getting it back in! Haven't quite mastered that one yet.

If you have Xenons (I do not), I believe it's the same procedure except you'll also have to replace BOTH sides so you'll have a color match.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David. I will give this a try. I hate having difficulty w/ a simple $10 thing such as changing a light bulb, yet I can change the oil, fuel filter and breaks rotors and pads. Argh...tight places.

Enjoy your weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.