Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be the wrong place to post, but I can not find the forum search functionality since the system was updated. The "Search Community" doesn't do it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
It's like a ghost town here any more, Seems as though everyone is gone. The search is a joke, so much info is lost. Why call it a R129 forum the search just brings up the whole damn internet, mostly crap and adds.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I sent a message to the site and asked," how do I search within a specific forum " , he said , they are working on getting it back to like it was ----- " search within this forum" I say be patient, it is better and when this works again it's going to very good.

·
Registered
310 Posts
This place SUCKS anymore. TRULY SAD.

It used to be a very nice site. I have been a member here since 2007. It was a great resource and conversation site.

PLEASE go back to the way it was.

-

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just looking at two of the other forums I use for other vehicles (ramforumz.com and cadillacforums.com) and they, along with benzworld.org and many others are now owned by a company named Verticalscope (see the "About Us" in the footer at the bottom of the page). This would explain the new user interface, because they are all in this same format. None of them have the ability to search within the forum. Now I am concerned that such an excellent information resource may be forever lost to us. I hope that isn't the case.

·
Greek God of the R129
8,365 Posts
It is not this forum that it only happens.
Toyota and many, many others...
We had a good forum with great people sharing knowledge.

I think that this goes deeper.
Guys think, who benefits from shutting our information?
New cars have practical no information, and if you did who has the advanced tools?

If you remember, you could buy a paper service manual, than in CD form.
Now to play the CD you need an old computer.

With old cars. Many parts are no longer available.
If you go to the dealer, do you see any teck's with gray hair?
Most likely will be an indy. Hahaha.

Ordering parts on line, prices are up, and many charge taxes...
It gets costly and harder, don't talk about quality.

And now they are extinguishing the only flame we had.
Our information.
aam.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same problem on M5board.com. It was "the" place to go for anything M5. It was slowly dying due to popularity of private M5 owners group on Facebook, but was a tremendous resource for searching DIY's, etc. Now it has the same format as this place. They are also owned by verticalscope. Once the original site owner sold out, it started going down hill.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sent a question to the site owners about the Search feature. Here's their response.

Lee Wireless
Subject:
[Mercedes-Benz Forum] Search Function
SEP 20, 2019 | 04:40PM EDT
Phil B. replied:
This is not a permanent change. Advanced search is disabled while its under maintenance.
-Philip
SEP 19, 2019 | 04:54PM EDT
Original message
Mercedes-Benz wrote:
The following message has been sent from Lee Wireless <[email protected]> ([email protected]) (IP: 2601:6c4:4000:440b:78a2:e1a8:dded:e202) via the contact form at Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/).

** Search Function **

We used to be able to "Search" an individual group (For example R129). Since the format change I can't figure out how to search an individual group. Please advise how to perform this type of search now. Thanks...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts