Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
06 ml350
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the key thing to 2, press reset twice within a second, bring key back to zero, hold down reset key back to 2.

Nothing.

The manual says bring it to a dealer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Could be wrong but from what I understand it must be done with the Star diagnostic system and not by a proceedure as with The W163.

·
Registered
69 Firebird convert, 95 Suburban, 99 ML320, 02 Audi A4 Quattro, 06 ML500, 07 E350W4
25 Posts
If the procedure works similarly to the W163, I believe that it works only if the driver's side door is open rather than closed.

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
jkb said:
If the procedure works similarly to the W163, I believe that it works only if the driver's side door is open rather than closed.
Do not believe that is correct on the W163. From what I understand the driver's door must be closed

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
jkb said:
Door must be closed on W163.

If the W164 truly does need to be reset only by StarDiagnosis, then does that apply to other models as well?

·
Registered
06 ml350
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok

waiting on my password brcause i had to register an account. please post if you have it.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
cack said:
waiting on my password brcause i had to register an account. please post if you have it.
Yeah, sorry, I'm almost useless when it comes to PDF files and how to save/re-save them, etc.

·
Registered
03C230K & 06ML500
52 Posts
Service reset

Here it is. Good Luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
ML 350 BlueTec <- ML 320 CDI <- ML 400 CDI
31 Posts
lvfjmbusa said:
With a diesel you need to press the R buton 18 times then roll down drivers window..
...yeah, this is the only way but, be carefull, it works only in rainy days...

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Maybe the door has to be closed! On the W163, the door must be closed in order for this to work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Reset service message for 2007 ML350

Hi, attached is a pdf doc. on step by step resetting the service message, as far as I can tell, this is the only one that works. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealer forgot..did it myself...

I had the car in for service after one year like the manual recommends. I only had around 10K miles on the odo at the time. It seems like the $300 dealer oil change did not include resetting the service reminder.

After I hit 13,000 miles I've had an "overdue service" reminder on engine start-up annoying me ever since.

Thanks to this site and this thread I was able to reset the thing myself instead of having to drive to the dealer and waste 30 minutes having them do something they should've done in the first place.

I wonder what else they "forgot" to do..

Thanks to all who contribute here!

·
Registered
2006/ML350
210 Posts
Thanks for the attachment. It'll be of use to me too.

·
Registered
'08 ML63, '08 997 Turbo, '09 Maserati GranCabrio, '96 993 C4S, '84 944
49 Posts
I just wanted to document that this procedure does work on a 2008 ML63 AMG

A few minor difference from the documentation.

(Make sure the doors are CLOSED)

No Key, so have your key fob with you and press the Start/Stop button ONCE

The word Confirm is used on the doc, in this year/model the full word Confirmation is used at least in my software version...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts