Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I got my wife a 2006 CLK 350, I've managed to change the oil with no issues but am having no luck with getting to the Service menu to reset the Service A past due warning. How do I go about this?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Just about every car has a different procedure. You have a W209 so you might try asking there too. Since Kajtek1 mentioned it, do you have an owner's manual?

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,385 Posts
I know this works on 2004 & 2005 CLKs.....maybe for you too. :thumbsup:

With the cluster display in the 'default' driving position, (this should be speed or temperature)

1) Put the key in the ignition.
2) Turn the key on to ignition position (1 click only)
3) Within 3 seconds, push the 'reset' nob 3 times. A display of battery voltage (EB) should appear on your cluster.
4) Now turn the key to ignition position 2 ( 2nd click)
5) Use the arrow up/down command on your steering wheel to change your screen on your cluster until you see the 'Services A/B' indicator on your cluster.
6) Within 3 seconds, press and hold the reset nob for at least 3 seconds.
7) You now should see 'Service interval' display on the cluster and it will ask you if you want to reset the 'Service interval'.
8) Within 3 seconds, press and hold the reset nob one more time for another 3 seconds.
9) You now should see a message appear: 'Service interval has been reset'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks so much, guys

hello keyhole, much thanks for the help,
not exactly like the 2004/5 models, but got it done

would have used the manual as suggested by others, but car came without a manual, that will be next on the list of things to get

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,855 Posts
There is only 1 thing more important for those cars, than the manual.
It is spare key for the ignition. Make sure you have one and test it working.
Some members didn't think about it and got stranded several days before new, replacement key arrived.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.