1. undo 2 torx-20 screws at the bottom of the seat back
2. pull down to remove the seat back panel
3. remove (pull) metal retaining clip on the right side headrest post.
4. unplug the 2 pin neck-pro connector (yellow)
5. lift up on the headrest until the posts pop out of the plastic base (if motorized)
5. press locking tab on the top of the seat and slide post all the way out (if not motorized)
keep in mind that the vehicle will display SRS error message if you turn on ignition with the headrest unplugged.
Hello, thank you for posting ( a long time ago ) directions on how to get the seat back off. I have a bad headrest too and I'm going to replace it myself. Hopefully. Is there any chance you can snap a shot of those two screws, I've been all over the back and bottom of my seat and don't see those screws. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!