Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I install my front license plate? There are no holes in my 2002 CLK 320 bumper...

I just got my license plates from the DMV and I can't seem to figure out how to install the front license plate.<br> <br> My dealer gave me a plastic license plate holder for the front bumper. I noticed that there are two slots under the bumper that the bottom of the holder slides into, but there are no holes in the bumper to secure the top part of the holder.<br> <br> Any ideas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you can tighten the bottom, and get it to stay, do just that.

If not, get one where you can. You don't want to drill holes into the bumper.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: How do I install my front license plate? There are no holes in my 2002 CLK 320 bumper...

heh, i got pulled over for nothaving a front license plate. in my opinion the car looks 10x better w/o the license plate, but<br>
<br>
u gota DRILL HOLES IN IT<br>
<br>
goddamn :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have wholes on my front bumper either, trust me it looks better . . .

I've never gotten pulled over before because I don't have the front license plate put on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i installed my license plate w/ the underside of the bracket screwed into the bumper. you can...

drill holes from underside and bottom-mount the bracket so you save the front of the bumper from ugly UGLY holes. just be careful you're not drilling into the headlamp washer hose that runs along the inside of the bumper. i took mine off right after the CHP inspection...needless to say i've gotten a front plate ticket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts