Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tapping noise comming from my left head, I am sure it is a bad lifter. How can I identify which one it is.<p>I have jiggled the rockers while the cam is on the car, and 3 are very loose and can be lifted 3mm off of the lifter. Three can be lifted 1mm from lifter, and two are so tight they won't wiggle. (all measurements are taken with cam lobe perpendicular to rocker). Which are correct, and which should be replaced?<p>Charles

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: basically you will hear a clicking sound when the engine is running. Most likely when accelerating and usually when the motor is cold. I have a tapping noise comming from my left head, I am sure it is a bad lifter. How can I identify which one it is.<p>I have jiggled the rockers while the cam is on the car, and 3 are very loose and can be lifted 3mm off of the lifter. Three can be lifted 1mm from lifter, and two are so tight they won't wiggle. (all measurements are taken with cam lobe perpendicular to rocker). Which are correct, and which should be replaced?<p>Charles<p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts