Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help. i just bought an 05 c55 and have two K&N filters for it. how do i take off the engine cover and so on so that i may replace the filters?

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
If you scroll down from here, you will see a forum specific to your car. I think you will get a quicker response from people who also own what you do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i still need help,no one seems to know how to change the air filters in a c55 amg; i cant take the engine cover off to access the filters....im thinking that this is a dealer only install now.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
i still need help,no one seems to know how to change the air filters in a c55 amg; i cant take the engine cover off to access the filters....im thinking that this is a dealer only install now.
What, did you browse through the car specific section and did not find any advice? What about other models using the same engine?

Perhaps the car just does not want to have those K&N filters. ;)

Anyway, if you first remove the air intake ducts, then the front part of the engine cover (the one with the star), then lift off the air cleaner housing and you can access the filters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i only found threads for e55's but no c55s, and i tried lifting off the rear cover but it seems that it is held down by screws that are not accessible from the top...im stumped.

·
Registered
931 Posts
As Diesel Benz stated, remove the small snap on cover at the front of the air cleaner and then lift up on the air cleaner assenbly. Then turn it over and remove the torx screws that hold it together. Buy new MB filters and DO NOT put in the waste of money and potential MAF killer K&N filters. MB spent milions developing the engine to run with a specific filter so use what they recommend and save your money for a Starbucks. I can assure you the K&N marketing machine will say different but search all the forms and you will see the same advice. Use what MB recommends. Your car isn't a '55 Chevy. Or do what you wish but be prepared to spend more money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts