Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I've been a BenzWorld member for many years and it's my go to place for advice! so my wife want's to get a C219 most likely 2009-2011, what a sensual car! the shape is just wow! I've had many 90's era Mercedes and I've done all the work on them myself with great success , I have a huge tool box with all the goodies for those cars, what do I need to add to my tool box for the CLS? code reader? software? etc
Thanks !

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is my first post and it won't let me post links but here's my recommendations:

I would definitely get the manual from emanualonline.

I also got a Launch X431 scan tool from Amazon. It was $250 but seems to have access to all the enhanced codes.

And I just bought a QuickJack from Costco just last week. They had it in their warehouse for $899.

As far as tools go, Torx and the E-nut sockets are the only tools I've had to use so far.

·
Registered
941 Posts
its basically like W211. You will need SDS for detailed diagnose, though some icarsoft versions can read some part of codes and data. Some electric modules REQUIRES SDS for initialization/coding if they are changed. Electricity in cars is exploding after 2000 so knowledge of CAN bus and sensor technology wont hurt.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, really helps knowing! I've been researching modern Benz's, as far as the CLS I've read avoid the ones with balance shaft issues, get 2009 and newer, is that true?
Their were a lot of other models with that issue not just CLS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts