Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems as though the sport model is the "default" model for the E350 (which IMO is kind of counterintuitive since it is a luxury sedan, but I digress) and that most of them are equipped with P1 at the most. Are P2 Luxury models easy to find at dealers or would I have to special order one?

Thanks

·
Registered
2011 E550 Sport, 2012 SLK 350, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
20 Posts
When I purchased my car in October, the local dealer (Columbia, SC) had one luxury E350 with P2 among about 15 E350 sedans in stock. He only had one E550 sedan.

However, any dealer can go online and find all Mercedes Benz cars in stock and on order by dealers in the United States. That is how we found our car with the color and options we wanted. It was ordered by another dealer and enroute to him. My dealer traded an order quota to him, and the car was diverted to our dealership. I purchased a 2011 BMW the same way. The wait time for the Mercedes was 2 days and for the BMW 3 days.

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Have your dealer do a search and if one cannot be located that is available just order it. Thats exactly what I did. Believe it took just about 90 days for it to arrive. In fact most all of the MB's I have purchased in the past few years have been ordered. This way there are no compromises. You will get exactly what you want.

·
Registered
W212 E350: AMG Sport/P2/Pano/Etc. & '09 Chevy Malibu / Sold M-B's: '06 E350 & '02 S500
514 Posts
It seems as though the sport model is the "default" model for the E350 (which IMO is kind of counterintuitive since it is a luxury sedan, but I digress)
Very much agreed. It's annoying to me that they whore out the AMG Sport Pack so easily on the W212's.

·
Registered
2010 E350 Luxury, P1 Package
124 Posts
It seems as though the sport model is the "default" model for the E350 (which IMO is kind of counterintuitive since it is a luxury sedan, but I digress) and that most of them are equipped with P1 at the most. Are P2 Luxury models easy to find at dealers or would I have to special order one?

Thanks
I had dealer order my Luxury with P1 at same price as would have paid for a Sports on the lot. Took about 5 weeks to get to me.

·
Registered
S212
94 Posts
I had dealer order my Luxury with P1 at same price as would have paid for a Sports on the lot. Took about 5 weeks to get to me.
And in Europe we are paying $4.500 to get the AMG Package over the base models... And you don't even like it for free. It's funny how the marketing departments are playing with us.

It's like when buying a BMW 3-series with a 6cyl engine chrome window trim is standard and black trim (shadowline) is extra. But if you pick a 4cyl engine you will get the black window trim and the chrome isn't even available...

·
Registered
2010 E350 Luxury, P1 Package
124 Posts
It AIN't Free

And in Europe we are paying $4.500 to get the AMG Package over the base models... And you don't even like it for free. It's funny how the marketing departments are playing with us.

Trust me, M-B is not giving anything away for free. Also, the Sports package in the US is not the same as the AMG package.
When the cars come down the assembly line, they get suspension Sport or Luxury, front end S or L, door panels S or L, wheels and tires, S or L, etc. Cost to M-B is probably the same no matter which way they go except for maybe a little more cost for 18" wheels and tires vs. 17".
BTW, the Luxury wood & leather steering wheel is a $600 option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts