Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320 Wagon, 2002 S430
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE PICTURE BELOW SHOWS THE LEFT SIDE OF THE IC VALVE HOSE WHER EIT CONNECTS TO THE ENGINE UNDERNEATH A FUEL LINE CONNECTION.

Both IC valve hoses on this M103 are seriously brittle and starting to crack, I am confident both hoses leak at this point and that the engine would benefit from having both of them replaced. The right side section of the IC hose looks easy enough to replace but the longer side to the left of the IC valve looks very difficult to connect at the other end as it fishes up through some very tight crevices where it's just not possible to fish your hands/fingers up into to make the connection. Anyone performed this procedure before and have a trick to this? Also, anyone know how much each replacement hose costs from the dealer (assuming the dealer is the only outfit that would carry both hoses.

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 2016 Audi Allroad, 2019 Audi Q5
5,447 Posts
Easiest way is to remove the cold start injector then use a long screwdriver in the hole to guide it in place.
It's a PIA, but that's the best way I found that works. Soak it in HOT water first to make it soft.

Those hoses are ~$15-20 each at the dealer. Don't go cheap on these hoses.

·
Premium Member
'92 300TE 4matic 280,000miles, '92 300TE 4Matic 'Ice Blue Metalic' 101,000miles
10,391 Posts
Agree...take off the cold injector and move any fuel injector lines (if you have to). A very long screw river with tape on its end is perfect for the task. One is easy-the other a PIA.

Kevin

·
Registered
1995 E320 Wagon, 2002 S430
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easiest way is to remove the cold start injector then use a long screwdriver in the hole to guide it in place.
It's a PIA, but that's the best way I found that works. Soak it in HOT water first to make it soft.

Those hoses are ~$15-20 each at the dealer. Don't go cheap on these hoses.
Excellent advice. I knew there had to be someone else out there that had attempted this before -- I like your method. Really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts