Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 W210 E55 AMG, Silver/Black - Stock
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some may recall, my hood had a counter drop on it and I was sick to my stomach for two days as the whole car had really nice factory silver paint on it. I did not want any paint feathering done on the fenders so I have the the hood shot and it came out OK but still not close enough. So now I have located a near perfect condition silver hood from a 2000-2002 E class. I am going to go and lay it in and see how close it matches my paint.

Does anyone know what I can expect in terms of factory paint consistency?

·
Registered
02 E55 & 07 SL55
52 Posts
So as some may recall, my hood had a counter drop on it and I was sick to my stomach for two days as the whole car had really nice factory silver paint on it. I did not want any paint feathering done on the fenders so I have the the hood shot and it came out OK but still not close enough. So now I have located a near perfect condition silver hood from a 2000-2002 E class. I am going to go and lay it in and see how close it matches my paint.

Does anyone know what I can expect in terms of factory paint consistency?
As far as I know, your main worry should be the how faded is the new hood. Factory paint is fairly consistent, but different cars fade at varying rates.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
From 2000 to 2002 brilliant silver is brilliant silver in the E-Class as far as I know. As the other poster stated the relative degree of fading will be the real challange.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts